Ten questions about last night - Intermediate
It's normal when you meet your friends and colleagues to ask what they did the night before - unless you were with them, of course!
10 expressions to Use In Speaking And Writing:
- What did you do last night?
- Did you do anything last night?
- What did you get up to last night?
- Did you go out last night?
- How was last night? Do anything?
- How was your night last night?
- Do anything special last night?
- Was last night a good one?
- Did you have fun last night?
- Did you have a fun time last night?
How To Use These Phrases In Your English:
- 1 is a very general question. Anyone could ask it.
- 2 an 5 are more common between friends or colleagues.
- 3 is more relaxed and is used between friends or colleagues who know one another well.
- 4 and 7 are similar, both are quite neutral and are often used by friends.
- 6 is a general question that anyone can use.
- 8 is like 6, but is more relaxed and informal, and probably used among friends.
- 9 and 10 are similar. We often use 'fun' meaning 'a good time'. That's why we say 'Have fun' as a way of saying goodbye to friends who are going out or doing something special.