Saying things are good. - Intermediate
Students who learn English sometimes use the words 'good' and 'nice' many times in their writing and speaking. It is more interesting if you use different words. There are many.
10 expressions to Use In Speaking And Writing:
- It's great.
- It's fantastic.
- It's excellent.
- It's better than average.
- It's not bad.
- I'd recommend it.
- I'm very impressed.
- It's better than I expected.
- It's the best I've ever seen / tasted
- I could ___ till the cows come home.
How To Use These Phrases In Your English:
- Phrases 1, 2 and 3 are stronger ways of saying that something is good.
- Phrases 4 and 5 are saying it's good but not very good.
- Phrase 5 says that you like and you want other people to try it too.
- Phrase 8 says that it's good but you didn't expect that it would be so good.
- Phrase 9 is saying that it is number 1 / the best.
- Phrase 10 is very enthusiastic. You need a verb and an object. e.g. 'I could listen to Robbie Williams till the cows come home.'