Feeling Tired - Intermediate
We work hard, we play hard - so we often feel tired. Here's what you can say when you feel tired.
10 expressions to Use In Speaking And Writing:
- I'm tired.
- I'm going to bed.
- I'm off to bed.
- I need to crash out.
- Time for bed.
- Bed for me.
- Bedtime, I think.
- I can't keep my eyes open.
- It's past my bedtime.
- I'm dead on my feet.
How To Use These Phrases In Your English:
- 1 is the most basic way of saying how you feel.
- 2 and 3 focus on what you are going to do.
- 4 is a slang expression for going to bed.
- 5 and 7 can be used to tell children to go to bed, or to say you are going to bed.
- 6 and 7 are similar, but 7 can also be used to tell other people to go to bed.
- 8 is a strong image of how you feel when you are very tired.
- 9 is a way of saying you should have gone to bed earlier. We can also say: it's past your bedtime.
- 10 is another strong image of feeling very tired.