Have a guess...
Sometimes you don't know exactly what something is, but you have some idea. Here are some phrases to use when you need to guess.
10 expressions to Use In Speaking And Writing:
- Off the top of my head, I think she's 26.
- Knowing (the English), he likes football.
- If I had to take a guess, I'd say she's 26
- I'd say she's 26.
- Chances are she's 26.
- At a guess, I'd say she's 26.
- Probably about 26.
- We're talking maybe late twenties.
- About 6-ish
- Around about 6 o'clock
How To Use These Phrases In Your English:
- Phrases 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 can be used when guessing almost anything (age, height, time, personality, problems, etc).
- Phrase 2 is based on a generalisation.
- Phrases 3, 6 and 8 shows that the speaker really doesn't know the exact number.
- Phrase 9 is only used with numbers and time.
- Phrase 10 is usually used for numbers or a period of time.