IH Bristol is delighted to announce we have now gained Bildungsurlaub recognition from several regions in Germany.
What is Bildungsurlaub?
Bildungsurlaub is educational leave which German employees are entitled to for 5 paid days a year to study at a recognised institution. This is in addition to their annual leave, and in some Bundesländer you are allowed to carry over your allowance to the following year and study for 10 days.
To be recognised, each institute must meet a set criteria and prove that their courses are suitable and intense enough to qualify. Each Bundesland has slightly different requirements, so recognitions must be applied for from each region.
You will study 30 lessons per week (either General English, or General English plus Cambridge preparation in the afternoons) plus social, political & cultural sessions to deepen your knowledge and further develop your English skills in context. You will improve your English in all areas, including reading, writing, speaking, listening, grammar and vocabulary.
IH Bristol is currently recognised in:
- Niedersächsischen, 5 and 10 days - until 31/12/2023
- Rheinland Pfalz, 5 and 10 days - until 21/02/2023
- Bremen, 5 and 10 days - until 15/12/2022
- Berlin, 5 & 10 days - until 21/02/2023
- Hessen accepts approvals from other ministries providing certain criterias are met
Some regions are accepting online courses:
- Berlin and Brandenburg are accepting online courses, with the employer’s authorization that the course is now live online.
- In Bremen, online courses are accepted as long as teachers record student attendance.
- Niedersachsen will allow online courses until 30.06.21
- In Rheinland-Pfalz, approval for an online course can be applied for. Hours may be reduced but a minimum of 6 lessons need to be take place (online or in person) on at least 3 days of the week.
Your time in Bristol
As with all our courses, we can provide accommodation with a local homestay family, in our residence or recommend local hotels. We offer Junior programmes in January, April and June-August for 12-17 year olds, and regular adult programmes are available year-round for students aged 16+, so why not bring your family!