Accommodation and travel
This page contains some practical information to help you plan your teacher training course with us.
- Homestay ‒ half-board or self-catering: a popular option with our EFL students also available for trainees on our teacher training courses
- Getting to Bristol by train: Bristol is well served by train connections to every major city in the UK
- Getting to Bristol by bus: at Marlborough Street station, bus services run to and from cities all over the country
- Getting to Bristol by air: Bristol is situated about 10 km from Bristol International Airport
- Getting to Bristol by car: Bristol can easily be reached on the M4 and M5 motorways
Homestay ‒ half-board or self-catering
Most of our English language students stay with homestay families, who are generally located near the school and offer an excellent alternative to staying in a hotel. In 2014 it costs £140 per week half-board or £120 per weekself-catering. There is also a £40 accommodation finding fee.
We visit all our host families regularly to ensure the accommodation they offer is of the highest standard, so you will feel comfortable and at home.
You can opt for half-board, where the family is responsible for providing breakfast and an evening meal daily, or self-catering, where you do all your own cooking.
Getting to Bristol by train
There are two mainline train stations in Bristol: Temple Meads in the city centre and Parkway near Filton. Both stations are served by trains from various transport companies including First Great Western and Virgin Trains. From London there are regular half-hourly trains from Paddington Station.
Getting to Bristol by bus
The National Express bus company has buses coming from all over the country to Bristol Marlborough Street bus station. From there you can get taxis to any location in Bristol.
Getting to Bristol by air
You can fly direct to Bristol International Airport from many cities, including:
For more information about flights arriving and leaving from the airport, please see the airport's official site.
Getting to Bristol by car
The school is situated just off the A4018. From the M5 take junction 17 for Cribbs Causeway and follow the A4018. This eventually becomes Whiteladies Road, and Oakfield Road is the third turning on the right after Clifton Down Shopping Centre.