Hosts wanted! (Homestay accommodation)
We are keen to recruit new homestays to host our international adult and junior students in their homes. Hosts can take up to 4 students (total from any provider) at the same time - with 1-2 students at a time a common number - which could mean a substantial boost to your income! We pay £215/week Juniors summer full board (12-17 yrs); £205 / week per student (16/17 year olds on adult courses 1/2 board); 18yrs+ adults £195/week 1/2 board. This range of payments per student type will be shared with you at recruitment stage.
Our busiest period is normally mid June-early Sept 2023 so having good availablity to take students during these months is therefore very helpful - and we have year-round placements to offer of course too.
Hosting an international student not only provides a wonderful opportunity for them to experience life in the UK, but also provides you with an income for your spare room and the chance to learn about new cultures. Our students come from all over the world to study English in Bristol - in 2019 for example, we welcomed over 41 nationalities to IH Bristol, and are expecting similar spread in 2023! We are also always interested in hearing from people who would like to host students from Middle East regions - especially Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Oman, the United Arab Emirates.
Find out more about hosting for IH Bristol here or contact the Accommodation Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking to recruit Invigilators to support our examining operations. The role requires you to provide a professional examination service ensuring a calm environment to give candidates the best possible opportunity to be successful in their exams.
You will invigilate and supervise candidates sitting for examinations, ensuring that they are held according to the relevant requirements and codes of conduct.
Invigilators will be required to support strict processes and be able to follow the required guidelines/regulations upholding the integrity and security of examination. Applicants should have good communication and organisation skills, and a proven ability to be punctual and reliable.
- Good spoken and written English
- Strong sense of responsibility and ability to adhere to strict security procedures
- Comfortable with using a computer
- Good customer care
- Ability and confidence to speak in front of a group of people
- Ability to cope with changes/difficult situations
- Diligent in upholding the integrity of the exam
Your status would be self-employed, allowing you to choose working hours that fit around your schedule.
You will be provided with full training.
You will be sent more information once we received your interest.
Expressions of interest to email@example.com
EFL teachers, and summer 2023 contracts
We continue to recruit EFL teachers to join our team, on fixed-term contracts with adults and/or juniors; some emergency cover/short notice hours work also available.
Summer contracts available, 4-9 weeks as follows:
Bristol-based contracts teaching Juniors or Adults from 19th June, 26th June, or 3rd July 2023.
- Oakfield Road, Juniors teachers, Bristol: start from £408.87 / week including holiday pay.
- Queens Avenue, Adults teachers, Bristol: hourly rates range from £16.19/hour - £22.20/hour including holiday pay for teaching contact hours
- Bromsgrove summer school residential contracts (nr Birmingham, IHB provides Academic Teaching Team): weekly rates start from £356.34/week including holiday pay if full-time; includes free board and lodging
- Potential for further offers once into autumn low season
- To register your interest and for more details, please email the Principal & DOS, Pete Gibson, at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible with your CV, with EFL qualifications clearly stated (normal minimum CELTA and Trinity CertTESOL), and a full description of your availability
- Please see also adverts on IHWO and TEFL.com for further details
Teacher of Foreign Languages (Part-time)
We have job opportunities for qualified teacher of German, Japanese and Welsh to teach our part-time evening courses
Apply with CV today: email@example.com
- Native or nearly native in the target language
- Teaching qualifications
- Highly reliable
- Three referees
Ideally you will have:
- Experience of teaching a foreign language
- Original teaching and university qualifications are required at interview, plus proof of ID. We copy these for our records as a British Council requirement.
- You need proof of your right to work in the UK (evidenced by original documentation at interview)
- Rate of pay to be discussed at interview
- To apply, please email your CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted.