Hosts wanted! (Homestay accommodation)
We are keen to recruit new homestays to host our international adult and junior students in their homes. Hosts can take up to 4 students (total from any provider) at the same time - with 1-2 students at a time a common number - which could mean a substantial boost to your income! We pay up to £190 / week per student (16/17 year olds on adult courses 1/2 board), with year round 18yrs+ adults at £165/week 1/2 board. The range of payments per student type will be shared with you at recruitment stage.
Our busiest period will be mid June-early Sept 2022 - so good availablity during these months is very helpful - and we have year round placements to offer of course too.
Hosting an international student not only provides a wonderful opportunity for them to experience life in the UK, but also provides you with an income for your spare room and the chance to learn about new cultures. Our students come from all over the world to study English in Bristol - in 2019 we welcomed over 41 nationalities to IH Bristol! We are also always interested in hearing from families who would like to host students from Middle East regions - especially Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Oman, the United Arab Emirates.
Teacher of Foreign Languages (Part-time)
We have job opportunities for qualified teacher of German, Japanese and Welsh to teach our part-time evening courses
Apply with CV today: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Native or nearly native in the target language
- Teaching qualifications
- Highly reliable
- Three referees
Ideally you will have:
- Experience of teaching a foreign language
- Original teaching and university qualifications are required at interview, plus proof of ID. We copy these for our records as a British Council requirement.
- You need proof of your right to work in the UK (evidenced by original documentation at interview)
- Rate of pay to be discussed at interview
- To apply, please email your CV with covering letter to email@example.com
- Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted.
We are looking to recruit Invigilators to support our examining operations. The role requires you to provide a professional examination service ensuring a calm environment to give candidates the best possible opportunity to be successful in their exams.
You will invigilate and supervise candidates sitting for examinations, ensuring that they are held according to the relevant requirements and codes of conduct.
Invigilators will be required to support strict processes and be able to follow the required guidelines/regulations upholding the integrity and security of examination. Applicants should have good communication and organisation skills, and a proven ability to be punctual and reliable.
- Good spoken and written English
- Strong sense of responsibility and ability to adhere to strict security procedures
- Comfortable with using a computer
- Good customer care
- Ability and confidence to speak in front of a group of people
- Ability to cope with changes/difficult situations
- Diligent in upholding the integrity of the exam
Job Type: Casual work
You will be provided with full training.
You will be sent more information once we received your interest.
Expressions of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer Teachers EFL 2022 wanted; plus zero hours/emergency cover work pre summer temporary teachers work also available from now!
We are recruiting EFL teachers to join our team on summer contracts with adults and/or juniors, and also from 2nd May onwards temporary teachers for zero hours/emergency cover work which could include blocks of work where available. Start date: midJune to early July for summer contracts; as soon as possible for temporary teachers from now. To register your interest and for more details, please email the Principal, Pete Gibson, at email@example.com with your CV, with EFL qualifications clearly stated (normal minimum CELTA and Trinity CertTESOL), and a full description of your availability.