Saying somebody's happy
There are many phrases in English that we can use to say that somebody is enjoying a situation or is happy as a result of something that just happened. Here are ten of them.
10 expressions to Use In Speaking And Writing:
- She's absolutely delighted.
- He's over the moon.
- I'm (dead) chuffed.
- He couldn't be happier.
- We're very pleased.
- She's on cloud nine.
- I'm having a whale of a time.
- He's loving every moment of it.
- She's having the time of her life.
- We're (most) satisfied.
How To Use These Phrases In Your English:
- Phrases 1, 2 and 3 are saying that somebody is extremely happy about something that has happened.
- Phrase 3 is very informal / colloquial and phrase 2 is a litle more informal than phrase 1.
- Phrase 5 is less strong than the first 4 phrases.
- Phrase 6 is saying that somebody is so happy that it is like being in heaven.
- Phrases 7, 8 and 9 are saying that somebody is really enjoying an event or situation. It is usuaully used for describing enjoyment during an extended situation.