Party People - Intermediate
Some people make a party come alive - and then some people make it as much fun as a funeral. Here are party people.
10 expressions to Use In Speaking And Writing:
- She's the life and soul of the party.
- She's a great mixer.
- She gets on with everyone.
- She's a live wire.
- She's a real party animal.
- She's a scream.
- She's a real laugh.
- She's always up for a party.
- She's good company.
- She loves to party.
How To Use These Phrases In Your English:
- 1 is a real compliment to someone who everyone enjoys talking to and being with in a party.
- 2. Mixing with different people is an important skill in a party. That's why this is positive.
- 3 is similar to 2, but is more general. 'Great mixer' refers mainly to parties, but getting on with people is a general skill which is useful in business etc.
- 4 is like 1, but gives the impression of someone who is very dynamic and active.
- 5 means she loves parties - maybe too much, sometimes!
- 6 and 7 are similar. If someone is a 'real laugh' you enjoy their company, in pubs, parties, and even at work etc
- 8 and 10 are used to describe someone who never says 'no' to a party.
- 9 is a more general version of 3. It's nice to be with someone like this - in a party or not.