Ten Ways of Talking about Eating - Advanced
We all like eating - and sometimes we eat too much. When we have guests, we always offer more food. Sometimes we can't eat any more. Here's what to say:
10 expressions to Use In Speaking And Writing:
- I'm full.
- I couldn't eat another mouthful.
- I've done very well, thanks.
- I'll burst if I eat another mouthful.
- I couldn't manage another mouthful.
- I'm stuffed.
- I've had all I can eat.
- I can hardly move.
- There's no room for any more.
- I can't eat any more, thanks.
How To Use These Phrases In Your English:
- Phrase 1 is a very common expression to show you have eaten enough.
- Phrase 3 is quite polite.
- Phrases 2 and 5 are similar and show you are completely full.
- Phrase 4 is a dramatic image - and not a very nice one! - that shows how full you are.
- Phrase 6 is very informal and we use it with friends only.
- Phrase 7 is quite factual, and is similar to 2 and 5.
- Phrases 8, 9 and 10 are all quite neutral expressions and can be used in semi-formal situations and relaxed situations.