Encouraging - Advanced
Everyone likes to be encouraged. Here are some phrases for encouraging.
10 expressions to Use In Speaking And Writing:
- You're coming along well
- Keep up the good work
- That's a good effort
- That's a real improvement
- You're on the right lines
- Keep going
- Come on, you can do
- Give it your best shot
- What have you got to lose?
- If at first you don't succeed...
How To Use These Phrases In Your English:
- Phrases 1 to 4 are often used to encourage someone who is working and doing well.
- Phrase 5 is used to say someone is not exactly right but could get it right if they tried again.
- Phrases 6 and 7 are general ways of encouraging and can suggest that the person should not stop.
- Phrases 8 and 9 can be used to encourage someone to try something new.
- ...try and try again. The first half of this phrase can be used to encourage someone to try again, even if the first attempt was unsuccessful.