Saying something is true
Here are ten phrases that you can use when you are absolutely sure that what you are saying is true.
10 expressions to Use In Speaking And Writing:
- I'm sure..
- I'm absolutely positive...
- I'm a hundred percent certain..
- I'm utterly convinced..
- I can assure you that...
- I couldn't be more sure of...
- I'd stake my life on it.
- It's a known fact that..
- Everybody knows that...
- I can state categorically that...
How To Use These Phrases In Your English:
- The strength of phrase 1 depends on intonation. If the speaker's voice rises at the end of the sentence she may be less certain and is inviting somebody else to correct the information.
- Phrases 2, 3, and 4 come before a sentence that gives information. They all say strongly that you believe in this information's truth.
- We often use phrase 5 to contradict a statement or opinion of a previous speaker.
- If somebody says phrase 7, he is saying that you can kill him if he is wrong.
- Phrases 8 and 9 are saying that the statement is a fact and that everybody already knows about it.
- Phrase 10 is a very strong assurance - often used by politicians and public relations officials.