Ways to say that you are well.
When somebody asks you 'How are you?', there are many different ways to say that we feel well.
10 expressions to Use In Speaking And Writing:
- I'm fine thank you.
- I feel great / marvellous / fine.
- Couldn't be better.
- Fit as a fiddle.
- Very well, thanks.
- Not bad.
- Much better.
- All the better for seeing you.
How To Use These Phrases In Your English:
- Many students only learn phrase 1. English people do say this sometimes but they also say all the other phrases. Try to learn some of them.
- Phrase 2 is very positive. Marvellous is probably the strongest.
- Phrase 3 is saying that it is impossible to be more healthy / well.
- Phrase 4 is an idiom that says you feel very fit and healthy.
- Phrases 6, 7 and 8 are positive but not strong. People sometimes say these when they don't feel very well but they want to be polite.
- We say phrase 9 when we were sick before and now feel (more) well.
- Phrase 10 is the friendliest phrase. We are saying that seeing the other person has made us feel healthier and happier. Don't use this with stangers.