Ways to say that you are well - Elementary
When somebody asks you 'How are you?', there are many different ways to say that we feel well.
10 expressions to Use In Speaking And Writing:
- I'm fine thank you.
- I feel great / marvellous / fine.
- Couldn't be better.
- Fit as a fiddle.
- Very well, thanks.
- Not bad.
- Much better.
- All the better for seeing you.
How To Use These Phrases In Your English:
- Many students only learn phrase 1. English people do say this sometimes but they also say all the other phrases. Try to learn some of them.
- Phrase 2 is very positive. Marvellous is probably the strongest.
- Phrase 3 is saying that it is impossible to be more healthy / well.
- Phrase 4 is an idiom that says you feel very fit and healthy.
- Phrases 6, 7 and 8 are positive but not strong. People sometimes say these when they don't feel very well but they want to be polite.
- We say phrase 9 when we were sick before and now feel (more) well.
- Phrase 10 is the friendliest phrase. We are saying that seeing the other person has made us feel healthier and happier. Don't use this with stangers.