There are many things that you can say in English when you are leaving somebody. Here are ten of the most common phrases.
10 expressions to Use In Speaking And Writing:
- Bye for now!
- See you! / See ya!
- Be seeing you!
- See you soon!
- I'm off.
- Catch you later!
- Good night!
How To Use These Phrases In Your English:
- Phrase 1 is the most common phrase that British people say. Note: we don't often say 'Bye-bye'. This sounds rather childish.
- Phrase 2 is a little more formal.
- Phrases 3, 4, 5 and 6 are quite informal and friendly. They mean that you expect you will see the other person again soon.
- Phrase 7 is short and not very polite. You are saying that you are leaving without a farewell greeting.
- Phrase 8 is a little old fashioned but quite informal.
- Phrase 9 is also very informal and says that you expect to see the other person again soon.
- We only say phrase 10 at night.