Ten Ways of Talking about Likes - Elementary
We often talk about hobbies and things we like - but exercises in school books don't always sound very natural. Here are some ways of talking about something that you like a lot.
10 expressions to Use In Speaking And Writing:
- I love rock and roll.
- I really like rock and roll.
- I live for rock and roll.
- Rock and roll is my favourite.
- I can't get enough of rock and roll.
- Rock and roll is my life.
- I'm really into rock and roll.
- Rock and roll is my thing.
- I'm keen on rock and roll.
- I listen to rock and roll all day long.
How To Use These Phrases In Your English:
- 1 is a normal expression, and is the structure normally taught in school - but it's not he most common.
- 2 is a very common way of showing you like something. It's good to use the word 'really' to intensify your feeling.
- 4 and 9 show that this music is important for you, but they don't show much emotion.
- 7 is a common way of showing your enthusiasm for something.
- 3, 6 and 10 show that this music dominates your life: it is very important for you.
- 8 is not quite as strong as 3 and 6, but it shows that this music is very important for you.