Saying something is difficult - Elementary
There are many situations when we want to say we find an activity difficult. It may be a subject we are studying or a skill that is part of a physical acitivity we are learning.
10 expressions to Use In Speaking And Writing:
- It's not so easy..
- It's a bit tricky..
- It's not the easiest ___ in the world..
- It's quite tough at times..
- It's (quite / a bit) hard going..
- It's nigh on impossible..
- The course is quite demanding.
- The course can be gruelling at times
- It isn't a walk in the park
- It's not a course for the faint-hearted.
How To Use These Phrases In Your English:
- Phrases 1, 2 and 3 are saying that it is a little difficult for some people.
- Phrase 4 says that some parts of the course are difficult.
- Phrase 5 says that the course is difficult and that many people will not keep going and give up before they finish.
- Phrase 6 is saying that the course is nearly impossible.
- Phrses 7 and 8 are saying that you will need a lot of effort and determination to complete the course.
- Phrase 9 is saying that the course is not easy.
- Phrase 10 says that people who give up easily should not start the course as they will probably not finish.