Ten Ways of Expressing Dislike - Elementary
We all have things we don't like very much. Sometimes we are not interested in something, and sometimes we hate it. Here are some ways of talking about things you don't like mcuh.
10 expressions to Use In Speaking And Writing:
- I don't really like classical music.
- Classical music is not very me.
- Classical music is not my style.
- Classical music doesn't do anything for me
- Classical music is not my thing.
- I'm not into classical music.
- Classical music sucks.
- I'm not much of a classical music fan.
- I never listen to classical music.
- You can keep classical music.
How To Use These Phrases In Your English:
- 1 is quite neutral and polite.
- 2, 3 and 5 are ways of saying that classicial music is not your taste, but you are not judging classical music itself.
- We use 4, 6 and 8 to say that we do like other types of music, but not this type of music.
- 9 is quite a strong statement because of the word 'never'. We could also say: I don't listen to classical music.
- 7 and 10 are very strong negative judgments. 7 in particular is strong and you should not use it with people you don't know, or people you don't want to shock!
- I'm into + subject, I'm not into + subject are very common and useful expressions that students generally don't use.