Online Summer Junior Programme 2021
Key course details
- Course dates: 5th July – 20th August 2021 (study 1-8 weeks)
- Timetable: 09:00 – 13:45 (UK London time) 10 hours’ General English per week + 7.5 hours’ Social Programme.
- Start any Monday (level test before course begins)
- Ages: 12-17 years
- Class size: maximum 15 students
- CEFR Levels: A2 (Pre-Intermediate) – C2 (Proficiency)
- International class groups - make friends and practise your English with students from all over the world
- Daily morning welcome, and optional supervised lunches
- Parent and child welcome meeting the week before course begins
We are also offering a part-time online course in January 2021- see here for details
- 10 hours of General English per week
- 7.5 hours of interactive social programme
- Course materials
- Certificate on completion
- IH Bristol T-shirt! Posted to you by Royal Mail once your course is booked
Course Schedule (Monday-Friday)
- 08.45-09.00: Morning welcome
- 09.00-10.00: Lesson 1 - see sample syllabus here
- 10.00-10.15: Break
- 10.15-11.15: Lesson 2
- 11.15-11.30: Get your lunch ready!
- 11.30-12.00: (optional) Group lunch
- 12.00-12.15: Get ready for activity!
- 12.15-13.45: SOCIAL PROGRAMME - see sample schedule here
General English Lessons
We help students improve all their skills (reading, writing, speaking and listening) and learn grammar, vocabulary and phrases with age-appropriate topics and activities. There is an emphasis on involving students in collaborative tasks, spending the second class each day using newly learned language in fun productive activities (for example, role-play, producing a blog). Students will find out interesting facts about our virtual tour activities before attending these.
Click here to see a sample syllabus:
Activity and Skills Programme
Join the weekly programme of fun, varied activities and skills sessions, including interactive virtual visits and tours to key locations in Bristol.
- Skills workshops – such as coding, journalism, animation and photo-editing
- Weekly virtual tour – come and visit Bristol’s famous landmarks & cultural centres
- Examples: Clifton Suspension Bridge; graffiti tour
- Team building games & escape rooms
- Meet local English children of our host families at Conversation Club and practise your English with native speakers your age (subject to participation)
- Talent Show!
Why trust IH Bristol?
We have over 30 years’ experience teaching English as a foreign language to students of all ages; we're accredited by the British Council and are a member of English UK so you can be sure our teaching meets the highest standards of quality.
We use 100% original IH Bristol course materials for our junior programmes, which have been written by our experienced team of teachers & teacher trainers and specifically adapted for online learning, so we can guarantee your child won’t have seen them before in their English classes at home. Our methodology focuses on phrase level natural English, including our Phrase of the Day, to ensure your child
We use only qualified language teachers - the same ones as our face-to-face courses - and have many years of experience in U18 safeguarding, so your child is safe online in our classes.
· £175 per week
· Without social programme: £110 per week
· Registration fee £40
· Additional 1:1 lessons with a private teacher £75
Planning to take the Cambridge First exam? From 5th-16th July & 2nd-13th August you can join our exam preparation lessons with the same daily timetable as the standard programme - find out more here.