Having fun with a host family
IH Bristol provides a great variety of trips and activities to help students make friends and have fun while they learn English. It doesn’t end there. Staying with a host family gives you even more opportunities to enjoy your stay.
This summer, some of our most experienced hosts, Jonathan and Gail, have enjoyed hosting 14 year old Sofia from Brazil for five weeks.
This is what they had to say "she’s joining in with lots of the things we do to get the most out of her stay:
- In the first week she went to the local youth club with our daughter and met some English children of her own age
- She came to our daughter’s end of year school play performed by children aged 9-11
- Sofia did some wood painting in the garden with our daughter on a sunny Sunday morning
- She came to our daughter’s 10th birthday party at the local trampoline park, followed by pizzas and ice creams back home
- She was warmly welcomed in our local church when we took her along to the Sunday morning family service"
Sofia had this to say: "I loved spending time here, really good. Everyone is very friendly. It’s an amazing and unique experience, the family, the friends, the school… all amazing. My host family showed me a lot of new and original English foods, it was really nice to know a little bit more about an “English life.”
Jonathan and Gail have been hosting with us since 2011 and have always welcomed our students into their homes and invited them to their family activities. We can't thank our hosts enough for the wonderful experiences they provide our students outside of school!!