Online Summer Junior Cambridge Preparation
Key course details
- Course dates: 6th – 31st July 2020 (study 2-4 weeks)
- Timetable: 09:00 – 13:45 (UK London time) 10 hours’ Cambridge Exam Preparation per week + 7.5 hours’ Social Programme. See sample here
- Start 6th, 13th or 20th July
- Ages: 12-17 years
- Class size: maximum 15 students
- CEFR Levels: B1 (Intermediate) – C2 (Proficiency)
- International class groups - make friends and practise your English with students from all over the world
- Daily morning welcome, and optional supervised lunches
- Level test + online speaking assessment the week before course begins
- 10 hours of Cambridge Exam preparation per week
- 7.5 hours of interactive social programme
- Course materials
- Certificate on completion
- IH Bristol T-shirt! Posted to you by Royal Mail once your course is booked
Course Schedule (Monday-Friday)
- 08.45-09.00: Morning welcome
- 09.00-10.00: Lesson 1
- 10.00-10.15: Break
- 10.15-11.15: Lesson 2
- 11.15-11.30: Get your lunch ready!
- 11.30-12.00: (optional) Group lunch
- 12.00-12.15: Get ready for activity!
- 12.15-13.45: SOCIAL PROGRAMME - see sample schedule here
Cambride Exam Preparation
We help students improve all their skills (reading, writing, speaking and listening) and learn grammar, vocabulary and phrases with age-appropriate topics and activities. There is an emphasis on involving students in collaborative tasks, spending the second class each day using newly learned language in fun productive activities (for example, role-play, producing a blog). Students will find out interesting facts about our virtual tour activities before attending these.
Click here to see more:
Activity and Skills Programme
Join the weekly programme of fun, varied activities and skills sessions to practise your English with other international students and ensure maximum progression:
- Skills workshops – choose from coding, journalism, animation and photo-editing each week
- Weekly virtual tour – come and visit Bristol’s famous landmarks & cultural centres
- Examples: Clifton Suspension Bridge; graffiti tour
- Team building games & escape rooms
- Meet local English children of our host families at Conversation Club and practise your English with native speakers your age (subject to participation)
- Talent Show!
Why trust IH Bristol?
We have over 30 years’ experience teaching English as a foreign language to students of all ages; we're accredited by the British Council and are a member of English UK so you can be sure our teaching meets the highest standards of quality.
We use 100% original IH Bristol course materials for our junior programmes, which have been written by our experienced team of teachers & teacher trainers and specifically adapted for online learning, so we can guarantee your child won’t have seen them before in their English classes at home. Our methodology focuses on phrase level natural English, including our Phrase of the Day, to ensure your child can speak confidently and fluidly in an international environment.
We use only qualified language teachers - the same ones as our face-to-face courses - and have many years of experience in U18 safeguarding, so your child is safe online in our classes.
· £175 per week
· Without social programme: £110 per week
· Registration fee £40
· Additional 1:1 lessons with a private teacher £75
We also offer a standard General English course for juniors from 6th June - 21st August 2020 - find out more here.
Contact us if you have any questions or book now: