Online English for Professionals
Our English for Professionals online course helps you to improve your work English and confidence in real world professional contexts. Examples are performing effectively at interview, understanding and taking part in effective meetings, and how to improve your report writing skills. You will also learn the grammar, vocabulary and cultural knowledge necessary for performing effectively in international professional settings.
There is an emphasis on practical, effective and natural communication.
Online English for Professionals course include:
- Online live speaking test & personal needs check with the Principal/experienced teacher prior to course start
- English level test before start date, to make sure you are at B2+ level
- Lessons live online with our qualified IH Bristol teachers, maximum 15 students per class
- Interactive group activities, in mixed-nationality classes
- Online Study Room tutor to check your homework or English problems you need help with (15:45 - 16:45 UK time, Monday - Thursday, bookable in advance)
- IH Bristol’s Phrase of the day
- Regular reviews, so you can see how much new language you remember
- Free online social activities - meet students from other classes and other IH schools!
- Online receptionist available to book during working hours
- End-of-course certificate
- Free online study material, including Useful English expressions
The current course began Monday 11th January 2021 and is still possible to join
- For the best experience, you need a laptop, desktop computer, or a large tablet device. Smartphone screens are too small for you to experience the class, so please use a laptop or PC if at all possible.
- You need an internet broadband connection: for gallery view and/or 720p HD video, 1.5Mbps/1.5Mbps (up/down)
- For sound and video, it is best with headphones and a webcam, or you can use the camera and speaker on your computer.
That's it! You will receive a weekly email with the link to join your classes. Zoom is very simple to use, but if you're unsure take a look at our helpful video.
- 1.5 hours per week
- 6.00-7.30pm UK time on Mondays
- Next course: Monday 11th January - Monday 15th March 2021
We also offer General English, Cambridge Preparation & IELTS Preparation courses - see the full range here