Online IELTS Academic Preparation
Online IELTS preparation classes will help you to practise the different tasks you have to do for each part of the exam, learn personal strategies to do the exam tasks more effectively, learn some of the large amount of new language required for the exam, and organise your learning.
We will look at:
- Key topics that are often in the exam
- The different elements of good IELTS writing
- Practice of the reading, speaking and listening tasks in the exam
- The most useful grammar, vocabulary and functional language for the exam
- Some practice tests either conducted during lesson time, and/or as homework tasks
Your course also includes free access to our e-learning platform from when you book, until 3 months after your course finishes. Learn on any device, in your own time. Study tasks include Listening, Grammar, Reading and IELTS options.
Minimum age for adult courses: 16 years
With several timetable options available, you can choose the schedule that suits you best:
Daily Courses (Monday-Friday)
7.5 hours per week: 13:45-15:15 or
15 hours per week:13:45-17:15
General English + IELTS
- 22.5 hours per week: 9:15-12:45 and 13:45-15:15
These courses run Monday-Friday, can begin any Monday and be studied for any number of weeks
Part-time course (1 lesson per week)
- 1.5 hours per week at 18:00 - 19:30 (UK time) Thursdays
- 10 week course starting Thursday 4th February 2021
- £220 for 10 weeks
Online English courses include:
- Online live speaking test & personal needs check with the Principal/experienced teacher prior to course start
- Access to our online e-learning platform from the moment you enrol until 3 months after the end of your course (with online self-study Listening, Reading, Grammar, IELTS exercises and more)
- English level test before start date, to make sure we place you in the right class
- Lessons live online with our qualified IH Bristol teachers, maximum 15 students per class
- Interactive group activities, in mixed-nationality classes
- Free e-coursebook
- Online Study Room tutor to check your homework or English problems you need help with (15:45 - 16:45 UK time, Monday - Thursday, bookable in advance)
- IH Bristol’s Phrase of the day
- Cultural Question and weekly Cultural Project (11:15 - 12:45 classes only)
- End of week mini-test/quiz, so you can see how much new language you remember
- Free online social activities - meet students from other classes and other IH schools!
- Online receptionist available to book during working hours
- End-of-course certificate
- Minimum B1+ level English (we will send you a level test to complete before confirming your place on the course)
- For the best experience, you need a laptop, desktop computer, or a large tablet device. Smartphone screens are too small for you to experience the class, so please use a laptop or PC if at all possible.
- You need an internet broadband connection: for gallery view and/or 720p HD video, 1.5Mbps/1.5Mbps (up/down)
- For sound and video, it is best with headphones and a webcam, or you can use the camera and speaker on your computer.
That's it! You will receive a weekly email with the link to join your classes. Zoom is very simple to use, but if you're unsure take a look at our helpful video.
1.5 hours per week for 10 weeks: £220
7.5 hours per week: £95 per week
15 hours per week: £155 per week
22.5 hours per week: £215 per week
+ £40 registration fee for new students