Online General English - Part Time
Our part-time General English online courses help students improve all their skills (reading, writing, speaking and listening) and learn the grammar, vocabulary and cultural knowledge necessary for using English in an international context.
We focus on practical, effective and natural communication.
- 1.5-3 hours per week
- Learn new phrase-level language items each lesson, to help you to speak more naturally
- Improve your English speaking skills in small group tasks, with feedback from your teacher
- Focus on everyday, real-life topics relevant to all international students
- Improve your writing skills with structured tasks and written feedback from your teacher
- Practise new listening and reading skills to improve your confidence
Minimum age for adult courses: 16 years
The next courses begin on 19th January 2021 and lasts for 2-10 weeks. You can choose from:
- B1-B2 Level | 1.5 hours / 1 class per week: Tuesdays OR Thursdays 6-7.30pm UK time
- B1-B2 Level | 3 hours / 2 classes per week: Tuesdays AND Thursdays 6-7.30pm UK time
- A2-B1 Level | 2 hours / 2 classes per week: Tuesdays and Thursdays 12-1pm UK time
Please book your course and complete the level test we will send you at least five days before you start your course. This is so we can allocate you to the correct class for your level.
Online General English courses include:
- Online live speaking test & personal needs check with the Principal/experienced teacher prior to course start
- English level test before start date, to make sure we place you in the right class
- Lessons live online with our qualified IH Bristol teachers, maximum 15 students per class
- Interactive group activities, in mixed-nationality classes
- Free e-coursebook
- Online Study Room tutor to check your homework or English problems you need help with (15:45 - 16:45 UK time, Monday - Thursday, bookable in advance)
- IH Bristol’s Phrase of the day
- Free online social activities - meet students from other classes and other IH schools!
- Online receptionist available to book during working hours
- End-of-course certificate
- Free online study material, including Useful English expressions
"Thanks for everything.. Sadly, this is my last week because I will start university in the UK next week.
You are the best school for teaching English in UK. I will recommend it for my friends!"
- Muzun, Saudi Arabia, Online General English for Adults June 2020
Studying Online with IH Bristol
- For the best experience, you need a laptop, desktop computer, or a large tablet device. Smartphone screens are too small for you to experience the class, so please use a laptop or PC if at all possible.
- You need an internet broadband connection: for gallery view and/or 720p HD video, 1.5Mbps/1.5Mbps (up/down)
- For sound and video, it is best with headphones and a webcam, or you can use the camera and speaker on your computer.
That's it! You will receive a weekly email with the link to join your classes. Zoom is very simple to use, but if you're unsure take a look at our helpful video.
- Course start w/c 18th January 2021, and can be joined any week after this. Minimum booking length: 2 weeks
- 1.5 hours per week (Tuesdays or Wednesdays) £25 per week
- 3 hours per week (Tuesdays and Wednesdays) £40 per week
- 2 hours per week (Tuesdays and Thursdays) £30 per week
More intensive options are also available - see here