Online General English - Part Time
Our part-time General English online courses help students improve all their skills (reading, writing, speaking and listening) and learn the grammar, vocabulary and cultural knowledge necessary for using English in an international context.
We focus on practical, effective and natural communication.
- 1 or 2 evenings per week over 10 weeks (15 or 30 hours in total)
- Learn new phrase-level language items each lesson, to help you to speak more naturally
- Improve your English speaking skills in small group tasks, with feedback from your teacher
- Focus on everyday, real-life topics relevant to all international students
- Improve your writing skills with structured tasks and written feedback from your teacher
- Practise new listening and reading skills to improve your confidence
The next course begins on 21st September 2020 and lasts for 10 weeks. You can choose from:
- 1.5 hours / 1 class per week: Mondays OR Thursdays
- 3 hours / 2 classes per week: Mondays AND Thursdays
- B1 Level: 6-7.30pm UK time
- B2 Level: 7.45-9.15pm UK time
Please book your course and complete the level test we will send you at least five days before you start your course. This is so we can allocate you to the correct class for your level.
This course is also available with 15 hours per week
Online General English courses include:
- Online live speaking test & personal needs check with the Principal/experienced teacher prior to course start
- English level test before start date, to make sure we place you in the right class
- Lessons live online with our qualified IH Bristol teachers, maximum 15 students per class
- Free e-coursebook
- Interactive group activities, in mixed-nationality classes
- IH Bristol’s Phrase of the day, Cultural Question and weekly Cultural Project
- End of week mini-test/quiz, so you can see how much new language you remember
- Free online social activities - meet students from other classes and other IH schools!
- Online receptionist, available twice a day
- End-of-course certificate
- Free online study material, including Useful English expressions
"Thanks for everything.. Sadly, this is my last week because I will start university in the UK next week.
You are the best school for teaching English in UK. I will recommend it for my friends!"
- Muzun, Saudi Arabia, Online General English for Adults June 2020
Studying Online with IH Bristol
- For the best experience, you need a laptop, or desktop computer; a large tablet device or smartphone also work.
- You need an internet broadband connection: for gallery view and/or 720p HD video, 1.5Mbps/1.5Mbps (up/down)
- For sound and video, it is best with headphones and a webcam, or you can use the camera and speaker on your computer.
That's it! You will receive a weekly email with the link to join your classes. Zoom is very simple to use, but if you're unsure take a look at our helpful video.
1 evening per week: £185 for 10 weeks - book here
2 evenings per week: £335 for 10 weeks - book here
More intensive options are also available - see here
B2 level students can also supplement this course with Online English for Professionals from 6-7.30pm