Online General English - 15 hours per week
Our General English online courses help students improve all their skills (reading, writing, speaking and listening) and learn the grammar, vocabulary and cultural knowledge necessary for using English in an international context.
We focus on practical, effective and natural communication, with flexible schedules available to suit you.
- Learn new phrase-level language items each lesson, to help you to speak more naturally
- Improve your English speaking skills in small group tasks, with feedback from your teacher
- Focus on everyday, real-life topics relevant to all international students
- Improve your writing skills with structured tasks and written feedback from your teacher
- Practise new listening and reading skills to improve your confidence
This course is also available part-time
Online General English courses include:
- Online live speaking test & personal needs check with the Principal/experienced teacher prior to course start
- English level test before start date, to make sure we place you in the right class
- Lessons live online with our qualified IH Bristol teachers, maximum 15 students per class
- Free e-coursebook
- Interactive group activities, in mixed-nationality classes
- IH Bristol’s Phrase of the day, Cultural Question and weekly Cultural Project
- End of week mini-test/quiz, so you can see how much new language you remember
- Free online social activities - meet students from other classes and other IH schools!
- Online receptionist, available twice a day
- End-of-course certificate
- Free online study material, including Useful English expressions
Courses run every day Monday to Friday unless otherwise specified. You can start every other Monday (see dates below) and you can choose to study 15 hours per week in the morning or 10 hours per week in the afternoon (all times below UK London time). Please book your course and complete the level test we will send you at least five days before you start your course. This is so we can allocate you to the correct class for your level.
15 hours per week
10 hours per week: 2.30-4.45pm UK time
Studying Online with IH Bristol
- For the best experience, you need a laptop, or desktop computer; a large tablet device or smartphone also work.
- You need an internet broadband connection: for gallery view and/or 720p HD video, 1.5Mbps/1.5Mbps (up/down)
- For sound and video, it is best with headphones and a webcam, or you can use the camera and speaker on your computer.
That's it! You will receive a weekly email with the link to join your classes. Zoom is very simple to use, but if you're unsure take a look at our helpful video.
7th & 21st September 2020
5th & 19th October 2020
2nd, 16th & 30th November 2020
4th & 18th January 2021
15 hours per week: £135 per week
10 hours per week: £110 per week
+ £40 registration fee for new students
Part-time options are also available - see here