Online Cambridge Preparation
Our Cambridge exam preparation courses will help you to practise the different tasks you have to do for each part of the exam, learn personal strategies to do the exam tasks more effectively, learn some of the new language required for the exam, and organise your learning.
We will look at:
- Key topics that are often in the exam
- Regular practice of the Reading and Use of English, Writing, Speaking and Listening tasks in the exam
- The most useful grammar, vocabulary and functional language for the exam
Your course also includes free access to our e-learning platform from when you book, until 3 months after your course finishes. Learn on any device, in your own time. Study tasks include Listening, Grammar, and Reading options.
Minimum age for adult courses: 16 years
With several timetable options available, you can choose the schedule that suits you best:
Daily courses (Monday-Friday)
7.5 hours per week
- Cambridge Preparation only
- 13:45 - 15:15 (UK time)
22.5 hours per week
- General English + Cambridge Preparation
- 9:15 - 12:45 and 13:45 - 15:15 (UK time)
These courses can be started any Monday and studied for any number of weeks
Part-time courses (1 lesson per week)
Monday evenings (FCE) or Thursday evenings (CAE) from 18:00-19:30 UK time. Courses run for a total of 10 weeks per term, with one 90minute class per week
- FCE Preparation: 28 June - 6 September 2021- Book here
- CAE Preparation: 8 July - 9 September 2021 (still possible to join) - Book here
Online Cambridge English courses include:
- Online live speaking test & personal needs check with the Principal/experienced teacher prior to course start English level test before start date, to make sure we place you in the right class
- Access to our online e-learning platform from the moment you enrol until 3 months after the end of your course (with online self-study Listening, Reading, Grammar, IELTS exercises and more)
- Lessons live online with our qualified IH Bristol teachers, maximum 15 students per class
- Interactive group activities, in mixed-nationality classes Free e-coursebook
- Online Study Room tutor to check your homework or English problems you need help with (15:45 - 16:45 UK time, Monday - Thursday, bookable in advance)
- IH Bristol’s Phrase of the day
- Cultural Question and weekly Cultural Project (11:15 - 12:45 classes only)
- End of week mini-test/quiz, so you can see how much new language you remember Free online social activities - meet students from other classes and other IH schools!
- Online receptionist available to book during working hours
- End-of-course certificate Free online study material, including
Studying Online with IH Bristol
- For the best experience, you need a laptop, desktop computer, or a large tablet device. Smartphone screens are too small for you to experience the class, so please use a laptop or PC if at all possible.
- You need an internet broadband connection: for gallery view and/or 720p HD video, 1.5Mbps/1.5Mbps (up/down)
- For sound and video, it is best with headphones and a webcam, or you can use the camera and speaker on your computer.
That's it! You will receive a weekly email with the link to join your classes. Zoom is very simple to use, but if you're unsure take a look at our helpful video.
- 7.5 hours per week: £95 per week
- 22.5 hours per week: £215 per week
- 1.5 hours per week for 10 weeks: £220 (late enrolment possible, £15 reduction per week missed)
+ £40 registration fee for new students