Trinity TESOL Certificate course
Once you have completed one of our five-week intensive Certificate in TESOL courses, you'll be able to work as a TEFL teacher anywhere in the world.
Our course leads to the internationally recognised Trinity Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (Cert TESOL). This is the first professional qualification for TEFL (teachers of English as a foreign language).
I have absolutely loved my time here. I've learnt so much and met some great people!
We have a great success rate on our programme: an amazing 100% of participants who have completed the course have passed and obtained this valuable professional qualification on our last 15 courses!
Previous participants have gone on to become TEFL teachers in countries as varied as Argentina, China, the Czech Republic, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Japan, Oman, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey and the UK.
No experience is required ‒ this course is open to anyone with at least qualifications for entry to higher education, such as A-levels. Typical participants include:
- College graduates
- Professional people looking for a career change
- Teachers of other subjects
- People who see TEFL as a means of living and working abroad
- Gap-year students
- Non-native English speakers and international applicants are also welcome
If English is not your first language, you should have a level of proficiency in English equivalent to CPE, CAE or an IELTS score of 7.0, TOEFL 600.
Our Certificate in TESOL course will give you all the basic skills and the essential knowledge you need to find a good job as a TEFL teacher anywhere in the world.
In particular, you'll ...
- Understand and feel confident about the main features of grammar, phonology and vocabulary
- Know how to assess the learning needs of your students
- Be able to design and evaluate TEFL materials
- Know how to plan effective lessons
- Be familiar with many leading published TEFL titles
- Be confident in using the main classroom aids such as whiteboards, interactive whiteboards, OHPs, visual aids and dictionaries
- Appreciate the needs and the problems of all kinds of learners